Sync your OneDrive library to your computer and then access your library files in File Explorer instead of in a web browser.
To sync your OneDrive library to your computer, do the following:
- Go to office365.illinoisstate.edu and login.
- Click the [OneDrive Tile].
- Click the [Sync] button.
- At the prompt, click [Sync Now] to start the sync app wizard.
- A dialogue box will appear asking, "Open OneDrive for Business?" Click [Open OneDrive for Business].
- When asked, "Ready to symc your OneDrive for Business documents?", click [Sync Now].
- "External Protocol Request: The following application will be launched if you accept this request. If you did not initiate this request, it may represent an attempted attack on your system. Unless you took an explicit action to initiate this request, you should press Do Nothing."
- Click [Launch Application].
- You may be asked to sign in and verify your account. Enter your Illinois State email address and click [Next].
- Select [Sync Now] in the wizard to start syncing.
Your files will automatically be synced to this folder and to your OneDrive account. You can click [Show my files...] in the wizard to open the synced OneDrive library folder in File Explorer (Figure 1).
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.