Office 365 is a cloud-based Microsoft productivity suite that gives you access to Microsoft services and software, such as email, calendaring, Microsoft Office suite, OneDrive, Office Online, and other features.
As part of the Office 365 A2 Plan with Student Advantage, Illinois State University students, faculty, and staff are entitled to install Microsoft Office on up to 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones. The latest version of Microsoft Office for Windows is Microsoft Office 2016. You can install Microsoft Office 2016 on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Important: Illinois State University annuitants do not have the option to install Microsoft Office on their personal devices. They do, however, have access to Office Online Cloud Based Apps:
Install Microsoft Office
To install Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, do the following:
- Before installing Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, the Technology Support Center recommends uninstalling any existing version of Microsoft Office on your computer. For more information, see Uninstalling Microsoft Office.
- Go to office365.illinoisstate.edu.
- Log in to Office 365 with your Illinois State email address and password.
- In the top right, click Install Office
- Click Office 365 Apps for the express install. Other install options will allow you to install in another language, or install the 64bit version
- The file will download to your computer.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete installation.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.