NOTE: The features mentioned in this article reflect the latest version of the Zoom desktop client. For information on how to update Zoom, see How to Update Zoom.
This feature is enabled by default for all ISU Zoom accounts and will require your meeting participants to login to their ISU account. With this option required, anyone outside of ISU will be unable to join your Zoom meeting. This feature can aid in minimizing meeting disruption; however, vigilance of the meeting host and the recommended best practices should be followed to prevent disruption.
Additional information on Zoom bombing and how to protect your meeting is available at An advisory on Zoom “Bombers” and “Raiders”
Note: Starting September 27th, 2020, Zoom will require that all meetings have a waiting room or a passcode enabled for all paid accounts. This means that participants cannot join unless they either have a passcode to join the meeting, or if the meeting host manually allows the participant to join the meeting from the waiting room.
This option is available in the Zoom desktop client and the Zoom app through ReggieNet and is only available for scheduled meetings. Starting a meeting from the new meeting option of the app will not allow the option to be set.
To enable the option using the Zoom tool in your ReggieNet course, do the following:
- Go to ReggieNet.IllinoisState.edu and sign in using your ULID and Password.
- Enter the course you wish to set the meeting for.
- Click Zoom from the left-hand toolbar.
- Click Schedule a New Meeting.
- Enter the meeting details.
- Locate the Meeting Options section and click the box next to Only signed-in users with specified domains can join meetings.
- Ensure the box is checked next to Include approved domains ilstu.edu.
- Click Save.
Students attempting to join this meeting will be prompted to login prior to entering the meeting.
To enable the option to require login for your Zoom meeting from the desktop client, do the following:
- Open the Zoom desktop client.
- Click Schedule.
- Enter the meeting details and click Advanced Options at the bottom.
- Click the box next to Only authenticated users can join.
- ISU Login will appear by default in the dropdown menu under the setting. This should be left as is.
- Click Schedule.
Participants attempting to join this meeting will be prompted to login prior to entering the meeting.
If you are having trouble with applying these settings in your Zoom account, or if you would like to report a problem with Zoom, please contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357 or contact them by email at SupportCenter@ilstu.edu. You can also submit a help ticket at IThelp.illinoisstate.edu/request