Sometimes you may find yourself unable to hear out of your speakers when you are playing audio. Read below on how to change your speaker settings to ensure that your audio is working correctly.
This article will have instructions for both Windows and Mac machines.
- Ensure that your device is plugged in properly and switched on.
- On your desktop, navigate your mouse to the very bottom right corner of your screen. Next to the time, you should see your sound settings, it should look like a speaker icon. Click on the speaker icon.
- When you see an audio option, click on either the default “Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)” option, or select the audio option that you are trying to use, such as a microphone. All microphones will have different names, so choose the one that states that it is a microphone, if that is the device type that you are using. Ensure you know the name of the device.
- Once you have selected it, the audio device should switch to whatever you selected. To test the sound, move the volume adjuster to the left or right, or simply click it and it will make an audio cue. If you hear an audio cue, your device is working properly, and you can stop here**. If you do not hear an audio cue**, ensure the device is on. If you still do not hear anything, continue with the following instructions.
- If you have selected the correct audio device and you still do not hear sounds coming from your device despite it being turned on, ensure that you have your audio drivers up to date. To do this, click on the Windows icon and type in “Device Manager”. Click [Audio Inputs and Outputs] and hover your mouse over the audio device that is having issues. Right click it and click [Update Driver]. After that, click [Search automatically for updated driver software.] and follow the prompts.
- Updating drivers should resolve the issue. Restart your machine to ensure the changes are applied.
- On your Mac, click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and click [System Preferences] > [Sound] > [Output].
- Select the audio device you would like to use in the list of audio devices. All audio options including the internal speakers on your device should be there. Ensure you are selecting the correct device. Also ensure that your device is on and not muted.
- Once you have selected the audio device, drag the volume slider to test the volume. If you hear audio from your device, your device is working properly, and you can stop here. If you do not hear audio from your device, refer to the manual for the device. Also ensure that your Mac OS is up to date.
If you are using Zoom and are experiencing audio issues, please refer to the Zoom article below on how to configure and test your audio settings in a Zoom meeting.
If you are using Jabber and are experiencing audio issues, please refer to the Jabber article below on how to configure and test your audio settings in a Jabber call.
If you are still having issues with your audio device, please give us a call at 309-438-4357 or submit a help ticket on ithelp.illinoisstate.edu/request.