There are certain situations where it may be necessary to locate the name of your Computer. One such instance would be if you need to configure a remote desktop connection. Follow the instructions below for your respective computer operating system.
- Navigate to the Windows search bar and enter “About your PC”.
- Press [Enter] or click the “About your PC” option.
- Locate the “Device name”
- Select the Apple logo in the upper right-hand corner of of your screen and then click [System Preferences].
- In the menu that appears, select [Sharing].
- Your Computer Name will be located at the top of the Sharing page.
Still Having Problems?
Contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357 or fill out an ITHelp form on ITHelp.IllinoisState.edu