The university provides you with the technology tools to allow you to work from anywhere. You can hold online meetings and classes, you can access your files, and collaborate with colleagues.
The Technology Support Center recommends setting up the following tools prior to working from a remote location.
- To access all ISU resources your computer or device must be connected to the internet
- Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027030/windows-10-connect-to-a-wi-fi-network
- Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201735
- Android: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9075847?hl=en
- iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202639
- VPN is only required for some university resources
- Use VPN to access network drives or to view paychecks in iPeople
- Information is available at Overview of VPN at Illinois State University
- Web conferencing tool used to hold classes and meetings over the Internet
- Allows for screen sharing
- Information is available at Overview of Zoom
- Illinois State University uses Office 365 (O365) for email.
- Email can be accessed in several ways, including over the web at Office365.IllinoisState.edu
- Additional information is available at Overview of Email at Illinois State University
- Some campus phone features may be accessed from off campus
- How to Access New Voice Mail Messages
- How to use Call Forwarding on your Campus Phone
- Collaboration tool for individual and group chats, audio and video conferencing, and screen sharing
- Available for desktop, mobile, and via a web browser
- Information is available at Overview of Microsoft Teams
Files & Storage
- Used by some campus departments for shared document storage. Primarily used by faculty and staff
- May require a VPN connection to access
- Accessible only on desktop/laptop and will require set up
- Windows: Map Network Drives in Windows
- Mac: Map Network Drives in Mac OS X
- Online file storage included with Office 365
- Allows your files to be accessed and shared anywhere
- Information is available at Overview of OneDrive for Business
- Web-based application used to share files securely.
- Allows you to share files that are too big to be sent as email attachments or contain Restricted or Highly Restriced data.
- Information is available at Overview of SendTo
- ISU’s online platform for hosting classes
- Can facilitate assignments, tests and quizzes, and posting of instructional materials
- Information is available at Overview of ReggieNet
- Access all online applications available with Office 365 including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Download and install the Microsoft Office suite for use on your desktop/laptop
- This option is available only to current faculty, staff, and students
- Information is available at Overview of Office 365
- Online resource used to manage student course registration and academic record repository
- Student information is available at Overview of Student Center
- Faculty information is available at Overview of Faculty Center
- Human Resources application used to report work hours, update personal contact information, and view and approve employee time
- Information is available at Overview of iPeople
- Some areas of iPeople may require VPN.
Instructional Continuity at ISU
- How to continue classes if instructors and/or students are unable to come to campus or if the campus is closed due to unforeseen reasons
- Instructors: https://ctlt.illinoisstate.edu/keepteaching/
- Students: https://ctlt.illinoisstate.edu/keeplearning/
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.