The Outlook Web App for Office 365 users gives you the option to create and use a personal signature, which will appear at the end of outgoing email messages. The signature can include text, images, a logo, links to a website, etc, and you can choose to have the signature on all outgoing mail automatically, or choose which messages include a signature.
Before you Begin
Email signatures previously set up in an email client (such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird) will not automatically be present in Office 365. These instructions refer to creating an email signature in the Office 365 Outlook Web App in within the Office 365 web portal (Office365.IllinoisState.edu). If you use both the Office 365 Outlook Web App, as well as an email client, you will need to create the signature in both locations.
Automatic Signature using the Outlook Web App
To create and automatically include a signature on new messages:
- Sign into Office365.IllinoisState.edu.
- Click the gear icon located in the upper-right corner of the window and select Mail under the heading My App Settings.
- In the left navigation, click the Email signature link under Layout.
- Enter the information you would like to appear in your email signature.
- Indicate when you would like for your automatic signature to appear, whether in new messages or on forwards and replies, or both, by checking appropriate the box.
- Click Save.
The signature will now automatically appear at the bottom of new messages, when using the Outlook Web App at Office365.IllinoisState.edu.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@illinoisstate.edu.