Several users of macOS and iOS devices are automatically connecting to the isunet-StartHere network. Once a device joins the StartHere network the user will not have an active wireless connection, and the user will notice they are not able to access sites they would like to.
The devices are moving to the StartHere network because they are configured to automatically join the StartHere network. The start here network is prioritized above the isunet network.
In these cases, most users will manually switch to isunet or create a new guest account daily. To avoid doing either of those follow the steps below:
How to Avoid Automatically Connecting to isunet-StartHere on macOS Devices
- Select the Network Name dropdown to move from isunet to isunet-StartHere. (Figure 1) If you are already on isunet-StartHere skip to step 3.
- Select isunet-StartHere from the dropdown list. (Figure 2)
- Once you are on the isunet-StartHere network, uncheck the “Automatically join this network” option. (Figure 3)
- Navigate back to isunet through the Network Name drop down. Make sure the “Automatically join this network” option is check marked for this network. (Figure 4)
How to Avoid Automatically Connecting to isunet-StartHere on iOS Devices
- Select the “i” next to isunet-StartHere. (Figure 1)
- Deselect the auto join feature for the isunet-StartHere network. (Figure 2)
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, please contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.