You can view Holds on your student account through My Illinois State.
Before You Begin
As a student at Illinois State University, your student account can have Holds placed on it. A Hold on your account means that you are restricted from performing one or more actions at Illinois State. For example, the Hold named “Admissions Enrollment Block” indicates that you are currently blocked from registering for classes.
To resolve a Hold, you must review it and take the appropriate action. Once the Hold is resolved, it will be removed from your account. For example, if you have a Hold on your account due to an overdue payment, you must make the required payment to have the Hold removed from your account. Holds are sometimes linked to To Do List items. By completing the item on your To Do List, it will remove the related Hold from your account. However, not all Holds are tied to To Do List items. You can view all Holds on your account and To Do List items through My.IllinoisState.edu.
View Holds in My Illinois State
To view Holds that have been put on your account My Illinois State, do the following:
- Go to http://my.illinoisstate.edu.
- Sign in by clicking the button Sign in Using CentralLogin.
- Log in with your ULID and password.
- If you have problems logging in, you can regain access to your account by completing the account recovery process, or you can call the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357.
- Locate the Holds Icon, which is located midway down the page on the left-hand side (See Figure 1)
- Holds that have been placed on your account will be displayed in the box labeled “Holds” on the new page, with instructions on how to resolve each Hold underneath it. You will also see the department that can assist you in resolving that hold (See Figure 2). You may need to contact the department that’s listed to get additional assistance in resolving the issue and removing the hold.
How to Get Help
For questions about your Holds, please contact the Office of the University Registrar.
For questions or problems related to My Illinois State, please contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357 or email@example.com.