Welcome to campus, new Redbirds! We know you are eager to start your college experience, so we have put together this Technology QuickStart guide to give you a brief overview of student technology at Illinois State.
As a student, being tech-savvy means more than being able to check your email or create a Word document. The truly tech-savvy student should also be knowledgeable about:
- Technology resources available to students.
- Where to find technology support on campus (online and in-person).
- Effectively using ReggieNet, My.IllinoisState.edu, and other campus technology tools.
- How to keep your data safe.
Introduction to Technology at Illinois State University ReggieNet Course
In addition to the content you will find in this set of articles, a course in our online learning system, ReggieNet, has been developed to aid new students in learning about all of the technology resources they will come across at Illinois State University. To access the course, perform the following:
- Go to https://My.IllinoisState.edu and sign in using your ULID and password.
- Click ReggieNet from the menu to the right (figure 1).
- Click the Introduction to Technology at Illinois State University course in the favorites bar (figure 2).
NOTE: If you are unable to see the Introduction to Technology at Illinois State University course in your favorites bar, click [Sites] in the upper-right corner and choose the course. If you would like to add the course as a favorite, click the [star] to mark as favorite.
Proceed through the course to further learn about services including email, My Illinois State, and ReggieNet. If you do not see the Introduction to Technology at Illinois State course in ReggieNet, please contact the Technology Support Center to be added.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/op-O1GTXpL0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>