This method will require that you install the Microsoft Authenticator Application onto your phone. This app is available for Android and iOS devices using the Google Play Store or the App Store. Follow the instructions below when using this method for authentication.
If you have yet to enable Multi-Factor Authentication on your account, please reference the steps included in How to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication.
When first logging on to an Office 365 product off-campus, you will be asked for additional security verification.
- The Default Method is the Microsoft Authenticator App. You will need to install the application onto your phone before proceeding. Once downloaded from the Google Play Store or the App Store, Click Next (See Figure 1).
- Once downloaded, open the application on your phone and click the Add Account button, then click Work or School Account. This will open the camera function to capture the QR Code.
- Click Next from the prompt in Figure 1 after adding your Account and use your Mobile Phone to scan the QR Code (See Figure 2).
4. Scan the QR code picture that appears on your monitor to complete configuring the mobile app and then Select Next (Figure 3). You will be sent a prompt to Approve or Deny a sign-in attempt (figure 4).
5. After clicking Approve you will receive a notification that lets you know your set up was successful. Click Done to proceed with signing in (Figure 5).
- Overview of Multi-Factor Authentication
- How to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication
- Secure the Bird
- How to Remember your Multi-Factor Authentication Verification Method
- How to Sign-in Using Multi-Factor Authentication
- How to Set-up Multi-Factor Authentication using the Mobile App
- How to Set-up Multi-Factor Authentication using your Phone Number