This method will require that you install the Microsoft Authenticator Application onto your phone. This app is available for Android and iOS devices using the Google Play Store or the App Store. Follow the instructions below when using this method for authentication.
If you have yet to enable Multi-Factor Authentication on your account, please reference the steps included in How to Enable Multi-Factor Authentication.
When first logging on to an Office 365 product off-campus, you will be asked for additional security verification.
- The Default Method is the Microsoft Authenticator App. You will need to install the application onto your phone before proceeding. Once downloaded from the Google Play Store or the App Store, Click Next (See Figure 1).
- Once downloaded, open the application on your phone and click the Add Account button. After that, you will see multiple options for adding an account. To add your ISU account, you will need to click Work or School Account. This will trigger a pop up that will ask you how you would like to add the account. Select Scan QR Code. (See Figures 2 and 3)
- Once your camera opens up after selecting the Scan QR Code option, hover the camera over the QR code to scan it. (See Figure 4).
4. Scan the QR code picture that appears on your monitor to complete configuring the mobile app and click Next. The account has now been added to your authenticator app, but you will now need to test the notification prompt that is sent to your authenticator app. To continue with this, click the Next button in the "Let's Try it Out" screen (Figure 5). After clicking Next, please approve the sign in request notification that gets sent to your phone to complete the set up. (Figure 6).
5. After clicking Approve you will receive a notification that lets you know your set up was successful. Click Done to proceed with signing in (Figure 5).