Access the campus voice mail system to playback messages you’ve deleted.
Deleted Voice Mail Messages
You can access your voice mail directly from your campus phone or from another phone either on or off campus.
When you delete a voice mail message, it is not immediately removed from the system. This allows you to listen to and recover deleted voice mail messages at a later time. You can also permanently erase deleted messages. If you do not permanently erase your deleted messages, the system will periodically erase them for you. For more information on voice mail message retention please refer to the following article:
Access, Recover, and Permanently Erase Deleted Messages
To access your deleted voice mail messages, do the following:
- Do one of the following:
1a. From your campus phone, press the Messages button or dial 8-3000.
1b. From another campus phone, dial 8-3000.
1c. From a mobile phone or an off-campus phone, dial (309) 438-3000.
- If you are accessing your voice mail from a phone other than your campus phone, do the following:
2a. After connecting to the campus phone system, press the star key *.
2b. You will be prompted to enter your ID, which is your five-digit phone number, followed by the pound key [#].
- Enter your PIN followed by the pound key #.
3a. For information regarding your voice mail PIN please refer to the following article:
- Your new messages begin playing immediately.
4a. Listen to your new messages or wait until message playback begins and then press the star key * to go to the main menu. If you press the star key * too soon, you will be sent to an operator instead of being taken to the main menu and will need to hang up and try again.
- From the main menu, press 3 to review old messages.
5a. If you do not have any saved or deleted messages, you will not be given this option.
- Press 2 to listen to deleted messages.
6a. If you do not have any deleted messages, you will not be given this option.
- Either press 1 to review your deleted messages (see section entitled Review Deleted Messages below) or press 2 to erase all your deleted messages.
Review Deleted Messages
If you pressed 1 to review your deleted messages, you can use message playback commands to interact with the message while it is playing. This option allows you to review each deleted message and permanently erase them one at a time, restore them as new, or restore them as saved. For more information on voice mail message playback refer to the following article:
After a message finishes playing, you must make a choice about that message before you can listen to the next one. Use the following commands to interact with a deleted message after it finishes playing:
- Repeat: Press 1 to replay the entire message.
- Restore as Saved: Press 2 to restore as a saved message.
- Erase: Press 3 to permanently erase the deleted message.
- Forward: Press 5 to forward the message to another campus phone.
- Restore as New: Press 6 to restore the message as new.
- Skip Back: Press 7 to skip back in a the message.
- Message Properties: Press 9 to hear message properties.
- Cancel Playing Messages: Press the star key * to cancel playing messages.
- Help: Press 0 to hear message playback help.
Erase Deleted Messages
If you pressed 2 to erase all your deleted messages, you must confirm your choice. Press 1 to confirm that you want to permanently erase all of your deleted messages, or press 2 to cancel. You will also be asked if you want to erase only your voice messages or all your messages. It does not matter which option you choose as the campus voice mail system only supports voice messages.