While students are strongly advised to complete all courses in which they are enrolled in, the option to drop a course is still offered for students. The withdrawal deadlines are different for each semester. A student must withdraw from the course within the time offered. During the registration dates, a student can drop a course through My.IllinoisState.edu. Once registration is closed, a student cannot drop a course online through My.IllinoisState.edu, they must contact the Registrar’s office for a request to do so. For more information on course drops and withdrawals, please visit registrar.illinoisstate.edu/registration/withdrawal/
Dropping a Course Through My.IllinoisState.Edu
To reiterate, the option to drop a course within My.IllinoisState.Edu without a negative mark on the student’s record is only offered during the semester’s registration dates. Once this deadline is over, a student must contact the Registrar’s office to request a course withdrawal, which will show on their academic record. These instructions are for students who wish to drop a course through My.IllinoisState.Edu during the dates they are allowed to do so.
If you are a student who is wanting to drop a course after the deadline, you can contact the Registrar’s Office at (309) 438-2188 or by email at Registrar@IllinoisState.edu
- Open an internet browser and navigate to My.IllinoisState.edu.
- Log in with your ULID and password.
- Click the [Academics] tab and scroll down to the red section titled Registration Times
- Click [Register for Classes] (Figure 1)
- When you are redirected to Campus Solutions, select the [Course Registration] tile (Figure 2).
6. Once you are redirected to the course registration portal, click the [Drop Classes] button on the left-hand menu (Figure 3).
- Select the courses you would like to drop. If you are attempting to drop a course after the deadline, the system will not allow you to drop a course. From that point, you will need to contact the Registrar’s Office.
Still Need Assistance?
If you have concerns about this process, or if you would like more information on how to drop a course, please contact the Registrar’s Office at (309) 438-2188.
If you are facing technical issues with My.IllinoisState or with the class registration system, please contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357 or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu
- 530: Registering for Classes at Illinois State University
- 1728: Understanding the Academics Tab in the My.IllinoisState.edu Web Portal