Beginning February of 2019, Illinois State University implemented a new course registration system that makes it even easier to register for courses. Students will now use this application to search for classes, register for classes, check their GPA, and more. For more information on the new course registration system, please review the article below.
Students can also search for classes via the Course Finder website, which this article will expand upon below.
How to Search for Classes via the Course Registration Center
- Open an internet browser and navigate to My.IllinoisState.edu and log in with your ULID and password.
- If you face any issues with your account, you can regain access to your account by contacting the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357 or by email at SupportCenter@ilstu.edu
- Click the [Academics] tab on the top (See Figure 1)
- Click the [Register Now] button (See Figure 2)
- Click the [Course Registration] tile (See Figure 3)
- Enter your ULID and password and click [Sign In] if prompted.
- On the left-hand menu, click the [Class Search and Enroll] button to begin searching for classes. You will enter the appropriate information in the search field.
Searching for Classes via the Course Finder Website
If you are just wanting to search for a class while not wanting to apply for it, or if you would like more detailed information about a class before you register, you can search for any class via the Course Finder website.
- Open an internet browser and navigate to CourseFinder.IllinoisState.edu
- In the Search Courses search field, type in the class you would like to search for. You can search by course name, course number, major, major abbreviation, and more.
Need Technical Assistance?
If you require assistance with searching for classes or if you face a technical issue with any of these websites, please contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357 or by email at SupportCenter@ilstu.edu