About Microsoft Teams
Teams is available for use as part of your Office 365 subscription and is used to communicate more effectively using features like group chat, meetings, etc. as well combining meetings, notes and attachments.
Teams can be used by either logging into the Office 365 portal and using the web-based version, or by downloading the Application to your computer.
Download Teams App using Office 365
After you’ve signed up for Office 365, you are able to download the office applications (including Teams). To download Teams using Office 365:
1. Navigate to Office365.IllinoisState.edu
2. Log in using your ULID and Password
3. Click the Teams Icon (this will load the web based version of Teams)
4. To download the Teams Application, click on the ‘Get App’ icon located in the lower left-hand corner.
5. This will begin the download for the Microsoft Teams Application. When installation is complete, you can take the tour if you like. Then close the tour and the installation dialog box.
Requesting a Team/Group using ITHelp.IllinoisState.edu
Creating a group or team is only available to faculty/staff and is performed through the ITHelp Portal.
1. Open a web browser and navigate to ITHelp.illinoisstate.edu
2. Click [Get Help].
3. Click [Login to the ITHelp Service Portal].
4. Log in with your ULID and Password when prompted.
5. Click the [Office 365 and Web] tab.
6. Click [Request Office 365 Resources for Group or Team].
7. Fill out the description field with specific details regarding your request.
8. In the options below the description field, select the features you want enabled, modified, or removed for the team. If asked if you would like to "Add, Modify, or Remove" group details, select the option that is appropriate for your team. If you are creating a new team, select "Add". If you are seeking to modify a currently existing team, select "Modify". If you are wanting to have a team removed, select "Remove". Be sure to enter in the description field exactly what you are requesting (You either are creating a team, modifying a team or you want a team deleted) so the Admins know how to take care of your request.
Add People to a Team
If you’re a team owner, go to the team name in the teams list and click More options > Add Members. If you want, you can even add multiple people by typing the name of a contact group, security group, or Office 365 group.
Assignments & Microsoft Store features
Teams has other tools available such as Assignments. Creating assignments is catered towards Instructors and allows them to manage due dates, instructions, adding resources to turn in, and more.
At this time, this feature is not utilized by ISU faculty/instructors and is not currently supported by the Technology Support Center (TSC).
Store items are available from the Store icon located in the lower left-hand corner of the Teams App. Users may download additional apps and services here. These applications are not required for the basic function of Teams. If a user downloads additional apps using this method, they would need to be customized by the user, as we do not support additional Teams apps at the TSC.
For additional resources and assistance with using Teams, use the Help icon located in the lower left-hand corner of the Teams application. After clicking Help, you will have the option to browse various topics and How-Tos, as well as video tutorials and information regarding Teams updates.