Database users are required to use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN software when directly connecting to most AT-managed Oracle or SQL Server Dev/Test/Production databases from off-campus. Beginning Tuesday, December 5, 2017, database users must explicitly select the proper VPN Group within the AnyConnect software during every use.
Connecting to DB-User-Access via Cisco AnyConnect:
- After requesting a new VPN connection from the AnyConnect software, users see the AnyConnect login window.
- On that login window, users will be required to select [DB-User-Access] from the Group: dropdown list. (Fig.1)
- Following selection, proceed with entering Username: and Password: (as normal), then click [OK] to connect to the VPN.
- After successful authentication, users will see the Welcome to ISU Database User Access banner.
- Click [Accept] to dismiss the banner and proceed with desired work.
NOTE: All database user accounts have already been added to the DB-User-Access VPN Group. No special permissions are required.
If you have any questions about the Cisco AnyConnect software or its installation, please contact the Technology Support Center at 438-HELP or email email@example.com.