Use an Android device to access “isunet,” a secure wireless network that is accessible throughout campus.
These instructions require you to be within range of “isunet”.
Connect to “isunet” with Android
To connect to “isunet” with Android, do the following:
1. Press the home button to go to the home screen.
- The home button is located along the bottom of your device. Its icon looks like a house.
2. The steps to get to Settings on Android can differ by device. Try one or more of the following:
- Press the [Menu] button to bring up the mini-options screen. The menu button is located along the bottom of your device. Its icon is four stacked lines. Then press [Settings].
- Press the clock icon located in the system icon tray in the lower-right corner of your screen. This will bring up a menu. Press the clock icon again and then press [Settings].
- Press [Wireless & networks].
- Press [Wi-Fi settings].
- If it is not already on, turn on Wi-Fi.
- Press [isunet], under Wi-Fi networks.
- A window will appear which contains the wi-fi settings for “isunet.”
- The EAP method should be PEAP.
- The Phase 2 authentication should be MSCHAPV2.
- The CA certificate and user certificate should be Don’t Validate or (unspecified). Please Note: Android 7 may not list ‘unspecified’ as an option. Users need to select [Use system certificates] and type ilstu.edu in the Domain field.
- Under Identity, enter your ULID.
- Leave Anonymous identity blank.
- Under Password, enter your password.
- Click [Connect].
You are now connected to isunet.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.
Back to Overview: