Cisco Jabber allows you to access presence, instant messaging (IM), voice mail, missed calls, and make and receive phone calls via VoIP.
You can also use the Cisco Jabber client to search for people at Illinois State.
- Presence - With Cisco Jabber, you can see if other Cisco Jabber users are signed on and available, away, busy, on a call, or in a meeting.
- Instant Messaging - You can use Cisco Jabber to chat with others who are online and available through their own Cisco Jabber clients.
- Voice Mail and Missed Calls - You can listen to your voice mail messages and view a list of missed calls through Cisco Jabber.
- Phone Calls - Cisco Jabber works in conjunction with your VoIP desk phone or can be used as a virtual phone along with a headset.
- People Search - Use Cisco Jabber to look up names, email addresses, and phone numbers of members of the University (regardless of whether or not those people use Cisco Jabber themselves).
Access for Cisco Jabber must be requested prior to use. You can request access to Cisco Jabber when an initial order is made for a new phone or you can request it at a later time. You can also request access to Cisco Jabber in conjunction with a softphone (i.e. a virtual phone that functions without the need for a physical desk phone). To request access, do the following:
- Go to https://ITHelp.IllinoisState.edu and click Get Help.
- Click the Login to the IT Help Service Portal link at the top of the form.
- Enter your ULID and password.
- Click Phones & Networking > Add or Change Standard Phone Service.
- Fill out the form, and click Save.
- When you see a message stating your request has been sent, click OK.
Your request has been submitted.
For more information about Cisco Jabber, please refer to the following:
- Installing Cisco Jabber on Windows
- Adding Contacts to Cisco Jabber
- Chatting with Cisco Jabber
- Accessing Voice Mail and Call History through Cisco Jabber
- Making Phone Calls with Cisco Jabber
- Configuring an Instant Messaging (IM) client to Chat with Cisco Jabber