You may remove email accounts from the Mozilla Thunderbird email client when you no longer wish to view the account in the client.
Remove Your Email Account from Thunderbird
To remove an email account from Thunderbird:
- Open Thunderbird.
- Click the [Thunderbird Menu icon] (three horizontal bars) at the upper-right of the Thunderbird pane.
- Hover your cursor over Options and click [Account Settings].
- Select the account you wish to delete and click [Account Actions].
- Click [Remove Account].
- When asked, “Are you sure you want to remove the account "yourULID@ilstu.edu”, click [OK].
- Click [OK], to close the Account Settings window.
You have successfully removed your account from the Thunderbird email client.
How to Get Help
For Technical Assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.