Instructors can add assignments to courses in ReggieNet.
ReggieNet is an online learning management system. Instructors who use ReggieNet for their courses can add assignments which students must complete. For more information on ReggieNet please review the following article:
As an instructor, when you create a new assignment, you are required to provide a date range during which students can submit the assignment. You can also define what submission methods you accept and how the assignment will be graded.
To complete these instructions, you must be an instructor with a course in ReggieNet.
The Drop Box tool is similar to the Assignments module. Both allow students to upload files which can then be accessed by the instructor. However, the instructor can apply grades to assignments, whereas grades cannot be associated with files uploaded to a student drop box with the Drop Box tool.
To create a new assignment, do the following:
- Go to https://reggienet.illinoisstate.edu/ and log in.
- Select the course from the Site Navigation at the top of the page (you may need to click on More Sites to locate the site)
- Click Assignments in the left navigation bar.
- Click Add on the tool menu.
- Enter a Title for the assignment.
- Provide dates and times for the following:
- Open Date - Students will not see the assignment until the open date.
- Due Date - Students are told the assignment is due by this date.
- Accept Until - Students cannot submit assignments after this date.
- Unless you want your students to be allowed to submit assignments after the due date, you should make Due Date and Accept Until the same.
- Select one of the options for Student Submissions.
- Inline refers to allowing a student to type their assignment directly in ReggieNet.
- Attachments refers to allowing a student to upload files, such as Word or PDF documents, to ReggieNet.
- Non-electornic refers to preventing a student from submitting the assignment through ReggieNet. The student is given instructions on how to carry out the assignment but is expected to complete the assignment another way. As an instructor, you can use ReggieNet to track grades for assignments handed in during class, for example.
- Single Uploaded File Only refers to limiting students to uploading only a single file as a way of completing the assignment.
- Select one of the options for Grade Scale (usually Points).
- Enter an explanation of the assignment in the Assignment Instructions box. These instructions are displayed to students when they view the assignment.
- If you want to send the grades to the Gradebook tool in ReggieNet, select Add Assignment to Gradebook. To use this option, you must select Points as the Grade Scale.
- Leave all other options as their defaults (unless you have a reason to change them).
- To add a file to the assignment, click Add Attachments.
- When you are ready to post the new assignment, click Post.
The assignment will be available to students starting on the Open Date you specified.
If you need assistance with ReggieNet, you can contact CTLT at 309-438-2542