ReggieNet includes a feature called Drop Box which allows students and instructors to share files through a private file drop folder.
Before You Begin
The Drop Box tool in ReggieNet allows instructors and students to share files through a private file drop folder. Each member in a ReggieNet course automatically receives a file drop folder. For more information on ReggieNet review the following article:
Private Drop Box
A file drop folder is private and can only be accessed by the student and instructor. One student cannot access another student’s file drop. However, the instructor can access all file drop folders for the course. Instructors cannot associate grades with files uploaded using File Drop. If you are an instructor and want students to upload files (such as Word documents) so they can be graded, use the Assignments tool instead.
This article explains how to upload files using the Drop Box tool in ReggieNet. These instructions are appropriate for both students and instructors.
Upload to File Drop
To upload files to your drop box in ReggieNet, do the following:
- Go to https://reggienet.illinoisstate.edu and log in with your ULID and password.
- Select the course from the Site Navigation at the top of the page (you may need to click on More Sites to locate the site).
- Click [Drop Box] in the left hand navigation bar.
- Click the [Actions] drop down menu to the right of your name and ULID, then click [Upload Files].
- As a student, you can only add files to your personal drop box folder.
- As an instructor, you can add files to student drop box folders in your class.
- If you have a File Explorer window open, you can browse to the file(s) you want and drag and drop them to the designated space on the page; or, press in that space and browse to the desired file(s).
- Click [Continue].
Files you upload are only available to you and your instructor.