Your security questions allow you to recover your account in the event that you forget your password or have problems signing in.
Before You Begin
Your security questions are used to verify your identity in the event that you forget your password or have problems signing in. To reset your password through Account Recovery, you are required to provide the answers to your security questions.
You can modify your security questions at any time by logging in to ULID Account Management on the Technology Support Center website. If your ULID account ever becomes compromised by a phishing scam or other means, you should change your security questions and answers to secure your account.
Change Your Security Questions
To change your security questions, do the following:
- Go to http://ithelp.illinoisstate.edu.
- Click Account Management and log in with your ULID and password.
- Locate the Security Questions line and click change.
- Enter your ULID and password.
- You are required to provide your account credentials again for security reasons.
- Select a security question from the drop-down menu and provide an answer. Please note: The answers must be exact, please remember if you used spaces or punctuation.
- Complete all 3 security questions, you are required to have 3 security questions set up with 3 different answers.
- Click Continue.
- You will receive a message indicating that the changes have been made.
If you ever need to go through Account Recovery to reset your password, you will be required to provide the answers to your security questions. You must type the answers exactly as you have entered them here.
For more information, refer to How do I Reset my Password?.