Students and instructors can create conversation threads using the Forums tool in ReggieNet.
Before You Begin
ReggieNet allows instructors and students to engage in online conversations.
Students can start new conversations and post new messages to topics created by the instructor. The steps below assume that the instructor has already created a new forum with at least one topic.
Create a Conversation in Forums
To create a new thread in an existing Forum topic, do the following:
- Go to https://reggienet.illinoisstate.edu/ and log in.
- Select the course from the Site Navigation at the top of the page (you may need to click on More Sites to locate the site).
- Click [Forums] in the left hand navigation bar.
- Click one of the topic names. This will take you into the conversation for that topic.
- Click the [Start a New Conversation] button in the tool menu.
- Complete the form by entering a Title and Message.
- When you are finished, click [Post].
The new thread is created and appears within the associated topic. Students (and the instructor) can now read and reply to the thread you started. You can reply to the thread as well.
- Creating a New Forum with Forums in ReggieNet
- Replying to a Conversation in the Forums Tool in ReggieNet