Instructors can add a syllabus to each of their courses in ReggieNet.
Before You Begin
ReggieNet allows instructors to add a syllabus to a course. Students can then view the syllabus by logging in to ReggieNet.
To complete these instructions, you must be an instructor in a course in ReggieNet.
As an instructor, you have a few options for adding a syllabus to your course in ReggieNet.
- Type it in ReggieNet - Instructors can type a syllabus for a course directly in ReggieNet. This option supports rich text, which means you can use bold, italics, underline, bulleted and numbered lists, and other styling options.
- Add a File to ReggieNet - Instructors who have already written a syllabus as a Word or PDF document might prefer to make the file
available for download through ReggieNet. Depending on several factors, including the file type of the document and the browser used by the student, the syllabus might be viewable in the browser, or the student might be required to download the file, and open it to view it.
- Redirect to a Website - Instructors who have already published a syllabus online can choose to include it in ReggieNet. This option displays the desired web page in a new browser tab. To use this option, you must provide the web address for your syllabus.
Create a Syllabus in ReggieNet
To create a syllabus in ReggieNet, do the following:
- Go to https://reggienet.illinoisstate.edu/ and log in.
- Select the course from the “Sites” navigation grid at the top of the page (you may need to click on More Sites to locate the site).
- Click [Syllabus] in the left navigation bar.
- Do one of the following:
- Click [Add Item] to type your syllabus in ReggieNet, and proceed to step 5.
- Click [Add Item] to upload a file that contains your syllabus (i.e. a Word or PDF document), and proceed to step 5.
- Click [Redirect] to include a website that contains your syllabus. Enter a web address in the URL box. The web page will be displayed when your students view the syllabus. When you are done, click [Save]. You may skip to step 7.
- If you want to add text to the syllabus item that will be displayed in the browser, enter it in the Content box. Click [Add] to save as a draft, click [Add and Publish]to make it immediately available to students.
- To upload a file that contains your syllabus, click [Add attachments] > [Choose File]; browse to the file you wish to upload, and click [Open] > [Continue].
- Make sure the eyeball icon is clear, indicating the item is published (available to students). If it has a slash through it, click on the eyeball to publish the item.
The syllabus is now available.
You can add multiple items to the Syllabus tool.