Shared mailboxes are used by several departments across campus and are separate accounts from a specific ULID. To add a shared mailbox to the Office 365 Outlook Web App, you will need permissions to the mailbox. If you are unsure whether or not you have permission, please contact your local IT support group.
Please Note: Shared mailboxes cannot be stored in the web portal. This process will need to be followed each time you wish to access a shared mailbox.
To add a shared mailbox, perform the following steps:
- Go to https://office365.ilstu.edu and login.
- Click on [Outlook] to launch the Office 365 Outlook Web App.
- Click your [profile image] in the upper-right.
- Click [Open another mailbox…].
- Enter the name of the mailbox and click [Open].
Note: If you are unable to remember the full name of the mailbox, suggestions are made as you type.
You have successfully added your shared mailbox.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, please contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@illinoisstate.edu.