Digital Measures is a tool used as a teaching, research, and service report generator. This tool also feeds faculty information to department websites and soon About.IllinoisState.edu sites.
This tutorial discusses the use of the PasteBoard function within Digital Measures for items that you may want to cut and paste from another source into fields within the tool.
You can use the PasteBoard function to avoid incorrect formatting when copying and pasting from another source. Also, the PasteBoard can serve as a “working copy” that allows you to remain on the Digital Measures site without switching between multiple applications while entering your data. In order to do so:
Open PasteBoard by clicking [PasteBoard], located at the right hand corner under the Manage Activities heading. A yellow pop-up window will appear (Figure 1).
- To close PasteBoard, click the [X] located in the upper right hand corner of the PasteBoard.
Image description: A screenshot of the pasteboard content field.
- Select the text you wish to move from the outside source and copy and paste it into the PasteBoard. You may edit the information within the PasteBoard before dragging the text to a field.
- Drag and drop: You can use the drag and drop function to move text from the PasteBoard to a field. Begin by highlighting the text you would like to enter, and then left-click, and hold down, the button on your mouse. You can then drag the selected text to the appropriate field.
- If you want to expand or decrease the size of the PasteBoard, click the arrow on the lower right hand corner of the text box (Figure 2).
Additional Digital Measures General Tutorial Subjects:
- Digital Measures General Tutorial - Logging In
- Digital Measures General Tutorial - Adding and Editing Information
- Website Citation
- Education & Other General Information
- Upload a Syllabus
- Office Hours
- My website information didn’t change after I updated it in Digital Measures.