The Outlook email client allows you to create and use a personal signature, which will appear at the end of outgoing email messages. The signature can include text, images, a logo, links to a website, etc, and you can choose to have the signature on all outgoing mail automatically, or choose which messages include a signature.
Important: If you have an Illinois State Office 365 email account, and you use Outlook as your email client, but, you also use the Outlook Web App at Office365.IllinoisState.edu, you will need to create a signature in both locations.
Create an Automatic Signature
To create and automatically include a signature on new messages:
- Select [File] in Outlook.
- Then select [Options].
- Select the [Mail] category on the left.
- Select the [Signatures] button and a box titled Signatures and Stationery will appear.
- To create a new signature, press [New] under Select signature to edit box on the E-mail Signature tab.
- Enter the information you would like to appear in your signature in the Edit signature box.
- Select the [OK] button.
- Select the [OK] button on the Outlook Options box.
The signature will now automatically appear at the bottom of new messages, when using your Outlook email.