This article explains how to export and import your address book using Microsoft Outlook 2011 or Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac.
Export your Address Book
- Open Outlook.
- Click [File] > [Export] (figure 1).
- Uncheck all items except for Contacts and click [Continue] (figure 2).
- Create a name for the file and choose the location where the file will be saved. Click [Save].
Your contacts have been exported and will be saved to the specified location.
Import your Address Book
- Open Outlook.
- Click [File] > [Import] (figure 1).
- Select the type of information to import.
- Mac 2011:
- Select the type of information to import (figure 2).
- When selecting Outlook Data File, you will be prompted to specify whether it is a Windows or Mac data file.
- Contacts or messages from a text file will be used when importing contacts from Redbird Mail or another email client such as Apple Mail.
- Outlook 2016:
- Outlook for Windows archive file is used when transferring contacts from the Windows version of Outlook to the Mac OSX version.
- Outlook for Mac archive file is used when transferring contacts from the same version of Outlook for Mac.
- Outlook 2011 data is used when upgrading from Office 2011 to a newer version, such as Office 2016.
- Click [Continue] or the [right arrow] to proceed to the next prompt and locate the appropriate file.
- Click [Import].
- Click [Done] or [Finished].
Your contacts have been successfully imported in Microsoft Outlook.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@illinoisstate.edu.