Prospective students may apply for admission to Illinois State University by submitting an online application. The online application may be accessed from the University Office of Admissions website at: illinoisstate.edu/apply/. Please follow the instructions below to apply.
Once you have navigated to the application page, click [Visit Student Application Portal] (see Figure 1).
- If you have already set up a username and password in the “Student Application Portal,” click [Log in] (see Figure 2) and enter your username and password in order to start, or continue an application for admission.
- If have not already set up a username and password in the “Student Application Portal,” click [Create an account] (see Figure 2):
- Enter the information requested and click [Continue]. An email will be sent to the email address you entered.
- You will then be asked to enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) that is provided in the email that was sent to you. You will then set up a password for your account. Your user name will be the email address you entered in the previous step.
- Once you have set up your account, you may begin an online application for admission.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.
For questions regarding the application process, you may contact the Office of Admissions at (309) 438-2181 (Toll-free: (800) 366-2478) Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM, or by email at Admissions@IllinoisState.edu.