You are required to change your ULID (University Login ID) password every 180 days and can do so even if your password is expired. Please note, if you change your password after it has expired, it may take up to three hours to sync to Office365 (including email). Other services will remain unaffected.
Before You Begin
Your ULID password is used to access most online services and systems at Illinois State University.
You are required to change your ULID password every 180 days. You will receive email notifications informing that you need to change your password by a certain date. If you fail to change your password by such a date, your password will expire.
The instructions below describe how to change your password if you know what your current password is. If you do not know your current password, please refer to:
Change Your Password
To change your ULID password, do the following:
- Navigate to the ITHelp Customer Portal at https://ithelp.illinoisstate.edu.
- Click the Account Management option.
- If nothing happens when you click on that link, you may need to enable pop-ups for that website in your browser.
- Enter your ULID and Password and click Log In.
- You can log into Account Management even if your password is expired.
- On the ULID Account Management screen, click on the Change link next to Password (Figure 1).
Image Description: A screenshot of the Account Management page, where you will change your password.
- On the Change My Password screen, enter your new password twice (Figure 2), then click Continue.
The password requirements are displayed on this page.
You may click the asterisk * button next to each password field to see the characters you have entered.
Image Description: A screenshot of the new password process. You are required to re-enter your password to confirm it. Once you click continue, your password will be changed.
- A message will appear stating the password was successfully changed.
You will need to manually update your new password for individual campus services following a password reset. For more information regarding this, please refer to:
Important: If you are resetting your password AFTER it has already expired, it may take up to 3 hours before you will be able to access your ISU email account with the new password.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.