While you are listening to a voice mail message, several commands are available which allow you to interact with the message.
Before You Begin
Voice mail is a service associated with office phones on campus. You can listen to new voice mail messages, as well as saved and deleted voice mail messages. While you are actively listening to a voice mail message, you can interact with the message using playback commands which are described below.
Message Playback Commands
While you are actively listening to a voice mail message, you can use the following commands.
- Repeat: Press 1 to replay the entire message.
- Save: Press 2 to save the message. If you are listening to a deleted message, this command will restore it as a saved message.
- Delete: Press 3 to delete the message. If you are listening to a deleted message, this command will permanently erase it.
- Decrease Playback Speed: Press 4 to decrease playback speed. Pressing 4 multiple times will result in an additional decrease of playback speed.
- Change Volume: Press 5 to change the volume. Pressing  multiple times will cause the volume to go from normal to loud to soft and back to to normal again.
- Increase Playback Speed: Press 6 to increase playback speed. Pressing 6 multiple times will result in an additional increase of playback speed.
- Skip Back: Press 7 to skip back in a message.
- Pause: Press 8 to pause message playback. Press  again to resume playback.
- Skip Forward: Press 9 to skip forward in a message.
- Skip to the End: Press the pound key # to skip to the end of a message.
- Skip to the Next Message: Press the pound key twice ## to skip to the next message.
- Go to a Message: Press 1-2 to go to a specific message.
- Go to Previous Message: Press 1-4 to go to the previous message.
- Go to Next Message: Press 1-6 to go to the next message.
- Cancel Playing Messages: Press the star key * to cancel playing messages.