This article describes how to listen to new voice mail messages. A new voice mail message is one that you have received but have not yet listened to. You can also mark old and deleted voice mail messages as new.
Your campus phone will display an envelope icon on its screen when you have one or more new voice mail messages waiting.
Voicemail may also be delivered via email to your ISU email account. Once a voicemail is received, the audio message will simultaneously be delivered to your inbox in the form of an email attachment. Opening the attachment will allow you to listen to the message from your computer.
More information is available at Why Am I Receiving Voice Mail Email Notifications?
To access your voice mail and listen to your messages from a phone, do the following:
- Do one of the following:
- From your campus phone, press the Messages button or dial 8-3000.
- From another campus phone, dial 8-3000.
- From a mobile phone or an off-campus phone, dial 309-438-3000.
- If you are accessing your voice mail from a phone other than your campus phone, do the following:
- After connecting to the campus phone system, press the star key (*).
- You will be prompted to enter your ID, which is your five-digit phone number, followed by the pound key (#).
- Enter your PIN followed by the pound key (#).
- Your new messages begin playing immediately.
- You can use any of the message playback options to interact with the message while it is playing. The message playback options are described below.
- When the message finishes playing, you must make a choice about the message before you can listen to the next one. For example, you could save or delete it. Refer to After Listening to a Message below for a list of all available options.
You can use message playback commands to interact with a message while it is playing.
After listening to a message, you can save the message press 2 or delete the message press 3. You have other options as well as described below.
- Repeat: Press 1 to replay the entire message.
- Save: Press 2 to save the message.
- Delete: Press 3 to delete the message.
- Forward: Press 5 to forward the message to another campus phone.
- Mark as New: Press 6 to mark the message as new.
- Skip Back: Press 7 to skip back in a the message.
- Message Properties: Press 9 to hear message properties.
- Cancel Playing Messages: Press the star key (*) to cancel playing messages.
- Help: Press 0 to hear message playback help.