Follow these directions to map network drives to Datastore in Mac OS X.
Off Campus Access
To access Datastore, you must be connected to the campus network, or you must first establish a VPN connection to the campus network. For more information regarding VPN at Illinois State University, please refer to:
Map Network Drives to Datastore
To map network drives to Datastore in Mac OS X, do the following:
- On the Finder menu bar, click Go > Connect to Server.
- The Connect to Server window will appear.
- In the box labeled Server Address, type one of the following network paths (based on the network share you would like to access):
- Personal Share: smb://datastore.ilstu.edu/yourULID
- *STV250 Share: smb://datastore.ilstu.edu/stv250
- Click Connect.
- Enter your ULID and password when prompted to do so.
The network share you connected to will automatically open (see Figure 1).
Important: The *STV250 share is used exclusively by and for English courses. It should never be used for personal storage. For more information, please refer to:
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.