This article describes how to map network drives to Datastore in Windows.
Off Campus Access
To access Datastore, you must be connected to the campus network, or you must first establish a VPN connection to the campus network. For more information regarding VPN at Illinois State University, please refer to:
Map Network Drives to Datastore
These instructions are for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10. To map network drives to Datastore:
- Do one of the following:
- Windows 7: Click Start and right-click on Computer. Select Map Network Drive.
- Windows 8: On the Start screen, type the word computer. Right-click on the Computer icon. Then click Map Network Drive.
- Windows 10: On the Start screen, type “This PC”, Right-click This PC, select Map Network Drive.
- The Map Network Drive window will appear.
- In the Folder: box, type one of the following network paths (based on the network share you would like to access).
- Personal Share: \\datastore\yourULID
- *STV250 Share: \\datastore\stv250
- Click on Connect using a different user name.
- Type your ULID in the User name box, as below:
- User name: ADILSTU\yourULID
- Type your password in the Password box.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
The network share will automatically open once it is successfully mapped to your computer. You may access mapped network drives by opening Windows Explorer and navigating to it just as you would any other drive (see Figure 1).
Important: The *STV250 share is used exclusively by and for English courses. It should never be used for personal storage. For more information, please refer to:
Image Description: A screenshot of the file explorer in Windows 10.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.