You can make phone calls with Cisco Jabber regardless of whether the contact also uses Cisco Jabber or not.
Cisco Jabber allows you to make and receive phone calls. You can do so using either a Cisco IP phone or a softphone (i.e. a virtual phone rather than a physical desk phone).
If you use Cisco Jabber in conjunction with a Cisco IP phone, when you make a call using the software, the call will be placed using your physical phone. If you use a softphone, you must also have a headset with a microphone.
To make a phone call with Cisco Jabber, do the following:
- Launch Cisco Jabber and log in.
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click on the contact you want to call and select Call. If the contact has more than one phone number, you must select the phone number you want to dial.
- Hover over the contact you want to call and click the Call icon. This icon looks like a phone . If the contact has more than one phone number, you must select the phone number you want to dial.
- Enter a name or ULID in the search box at the top of the Cisco Jabber window. Then right-click on the contact and select Call or click the Call icon.
- When the call begins, you will see an Active Call window appear on your screen.
- If you are using Cisco Jabber in conjunction with a Cisco IP phone, the call will be placed through your phone.
- If you are using Cisco Jabber with a softphone, you must have a headset with a microphone or the person you are calling will be unable to hear you.
- To end the call, either hang up using your Cisco IP phone or close the Active Call window.