Cisco Jabber allows you to view a list of missed calls, received calls, and placed calls as well as listen to your voice mail messages.
Cisco Jabber integrates with your phone (Cisco IP phone or softphone) and displays your call history (including missed calls, received calls, and calls placed). You can also use Cisco Jabber to listen to and delete voice mail messages. For more information review the following article:
To use these features, you must configure Cisco Jabber with your ULID and password as described in the following article:
- Installing Cisco Jabber on Windows for use with a Cisco IP Phone
- Installing Jabber on Mac OS X for use with a Cisco IP Phone
To view your missed calls in Cisco Jabber, do the following:
- Launch Cisco Jabber and log in.
- Click the Calls icon located on the left side of the Cisco Jabber window. This icon looks like a clock with a curved arrow.
- Your call history is displayed.
- Calls you have placed are indicated with gray text and include a phone icon with an arrow pointing to the right.
- Calls you have received are indicated with gray text and include a phone icon with an arrow pointing to the left.
- Calls you have missed are indicated with red text and include a phone icon with an arrow pointing to the left.
You can interact with this list if you wish. Right-click on an item to delete the entry from your call history or to call back the individual.
To listen to your voice mail messages in Cisco Jabber, do the following:
- Within Cisco Jabber, click the Voicemail icon on the left side of the window. This icon looks like an envelope.
- A list of your voice mail messages is displayed.
- The time the message was left, the length of the message, and the name of the caller is displayed.
- To listen a voice mail message, click the play icon.
You can also interact with this list in the following ways:
- To delete a voice mail message, right-click on the item and select Delete.
- To call the person back, right-click on the item and select Call back.
- To mark the voice mail as unread, right-click on the item and select Mark as unread.
If you have a Cisco IP phone, the message waiting indicator light will display (or not) based on your interactions with your voice mail messages via Cisco Jabber. When you delete a voice mail message through Cisco Jabber, it is deleted from the voice mail system.