Add contacts to Cisco Jabber so you can call, chat, and determine their availability.
Cisco Jabber can be used to make phone calls, initiate instant message (IM) chats, and determine a person’s availability (i.e. presence).
To use these features, you must add people to Cisco Jabber as contacts. Each contact must be a member of a group and you can have as many groups as you want.
Before you can add contacts to Cisco Jabber, you must have at least one group. To add a group to Cisco Jabber, do the following:
- Launch Cisco Jabber and log in.
- Click File > New > Group.
- Enter a name for the group.
- Click Create.
You have created a group and can now add contacts to this group. You can create as many groups as you need. For example, you might have several groups, one for each department with which you commonly interact or one for each team within your department. How you decide to group your contacts is up to you.
To add a contact to Cisco Jabber, do the following:
- Within Cisco Jabber, click File > New > Contac].
- Enter a person’s name or ULID in the box.
- As you start typing, matches will appear.
- If Cisco Jabber returns more than one match with the same name, you can verify you are adding the correct person by right-clicking on the contact name. Then click View profile. The person’s details will be displayed to you including “his or her job title, phone number, and email address.”
- Once you have found someone you want to add as a contact, double-click the person’s name.
- Select the group to which you want to add the contact or create a new group for the contact.
- Click Add.
You have now added a contact to Cisco Jabber. Repeat these steps to add additional contacts.