You may configure Apple Mail email client for Mac OS X for use with your Illinois State University Office 365 email account.
Configuring Apple Mail for Mac for Office 365 Email and Calendar
To configure Apple Mail for Mac for use with your Office 365 email account in Mac OS X, do the following:
- Launch Mail.
- In the Menu bar at the top of your screen, click [Mail] > [Add Account…]
- Select [Exchange] and click [Continue].
- Enter a name for your account in the Name field.
- Enter your email address in the User Name field, and your password in the Password field (if prompted for password). Click [Continue].
- In newer versions of OS X, your Mail app will offer to automatically configure your server settings (if this is the case, you may skip to step 9). If your Mail app does not offer to auto-configure your server settings, proceed to step 7.
- On the Account Settings screen, type outlook.office365.com in the Server Address field.
- Also referred to as “Internal URL” and “External URL” fields.
- Click [Continue].
- You may be prompted to enter your ISU credentials. Enter your full ISU email address and Password and click Sign in. Review your information on the Account Summary page, if that appears. If correct, click [Continue].
- Select the apps (Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders) that you would like to use with your account. Click [Done].
The Apple Mail email client is now configured for use with your Office 365 email account, and your email, contacts, and calendar data will begin to sync to your account.
Not working? Make sure you entered your email and password correctly and try again. Also, be sure to update the server to outlook.office365.com vs .edu.
Removing an Email Account
You may remove an email account from the Apple Mail email client. In order to do so, do the following:
- Launch the Mail app.
- On the menu bar, click [Mail] > [Accounts…].
- In the Internet Accounts pane, select the email account you wish to remove and click the minus sign icon underneath [-].
- When asked, 'Are you sure you want to delete the account", click [OK].
You have successfully removed the account from the Apple Mail email client.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technical Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@illinoisstate.edu.