Cisco Jabber is a client application which allows you to access presence, instant messaging, voice communications, and people search. For more information refer to the following article:
The instructions below explain how to configure Cisco Jabber to be used in conjunction with your Cisco IP phone.
Install and Configure Cisco Jabber
To install and configure Cisco Jabber, do the following:
- Download Cisco Jabber from the Illinois State University ITHelp Downloads at Illinois State University website.
- If prompted “Do you want to allow downloads on 'ithelp.illinoisstate.edu”, click [Allow].
- Locate Cisco Jabber in Downloads and click to open the Cisco Jabber install wizard. Run through the prompts to install Cisco Jabber.
- Launch Cisco Jabber.
- To use Cisco Jabber from off campus, you must first connect with VPN.
- For more information about VPN, refer to the following article: Overview of VPN.
- If prompted, enter your ISU email address and click [Continue].
- Sign in with your ULID and password.
- To enable Jabber access to your microphone in order to place/receive phone calls, click the icon in the lower-right corner of the Jabber pane and select [OK] when prompted to allow access.
- Set your phone preferences by clicking on the green computer icon near to bottom of the Jabber pane and selecting to use either your Computer or Desk Phone for phone calls, or to Disable Phone Services in Jabber.
- Selecting Computer will allow you to place calls from Jabber. Calls to your desk phone will ring both at your desk phone as well as within Jabber.
- Selecting Desk Phone will still allow you to place/receive calls using Jabber, but incoming calls will only ring to your desk phone.
- Selecting Disable Phone Service will prevent you from placing/receiving calls using Jabber. Voicemail message may still be played back via Jabber.
Cisco Jabber is now configured for use with your Cisco IP phone.