CAS-IT provides network storage to CAS faculty and staff to store work-related business, teaching, research, and scholarship files. These files are available on PC or Mac.
Connect with VPN
To be able to access your files when not on campus, you must have a VPN connection. If you do not already have VPN set up on your computer, please click on the appropriate link below that will take you to the Technology Support Center.
VPN instructions: How to Use Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
Overview of VPN: Overview of VPN at Illinois State University
Temporarily Browse to a Drive (Windows)
To temporarily connect to a drive:
- Click on the start icon and select [Computer].
- Click in the address bar and type in one of the addresses below depending on your needs:
- The address to your private drive is: \\casprivate.ad.ilstu.edu\private\ULID (where ULID is your ULID)
- The address to your shared drive is: \\casfiles01.ad.ilstu.edu\ (then choose department).
c. The address to the project share is: \\cas-projshare
Map Network Drive (Windows)
Creating a shortcut in Computer to these folders when frequently used will allow you quicker access in the future. To do so, do the following:
- Follow the directions to temporarily browse to a drive (in the section above), then continue with step 2, below.
- Copy the address of the folder you want to map (make sure to click in the white space after address to copy the full address).
- Click on the start icon and, if using Windows 7, select [Computer]; if using Windows 8 or later, select [This PC].
- Click [Map Network Drive].
- Select any drive letter that does not already have a network path next to the letter.
- Paste the address in the Folder field.
- If you are on a computer that you have logged into with your ULID and password, then please check next to Reconnect at logon and uncheck next to Connect using different credentials.
- If you are on a computer that you did not log into with your ULID and password, then please uncheck next to Reconnect at logon and check next to Connect using different credentials.
- If you are prompted for credentials, enter your user ID as adilstu/ULID (where ULID = your ULID).
Mount drive (Mac)
If you are using a Mac, you may mount the network drive for quicker access in the future. To do so, do the following:
- Within Finder, click on [Go] in the menu bar on the top of your screen.
- Click on [Connect to Server].
- Type in the address appropriate to the folder you want to access.
- The address to your private drive is: smb://casfiles.ad.ilstu.edu/private/ULID (where ULID = your ULID).
- The address to your shared drive is: smb://casfiles01.ad.ilstu.edu/ (then choose department)
- The address to the project share is: smb://cas-projshare.ad.ilstu.edu/FolderName (where FolderName = the name of the project folder you are trying to access).
- If you are prompted for credentials, then enter your user ID as adilstu/ULID (where ULID = your ULID).
CAS Lab Drives
We offer a new share called "CAS Lab Drives"
The MAC address for this drive is smb://cas-lab.ad.ilstu.edu
The WINDOWS address for this drive is \\cas-lab.ad.ilstu.edu