This article describes how to use the iOS mail app to obtain your Illinois State University’s Office 365 email.
Office 365 Email
Illinois State University’s Office 365 Email can be accessed through the web, via an email client (such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird), as well on mobile devices. Office 365 email is the primary campus email and calendaring service for campus.
How to Use the iOS Mail App to Obtain Your Office 365 Email
If an ISU email account is configured on your device, it is recommended that the account be removed prior to following the steps below. To set up email on your iPhone and iPad:
- Tap Settings > Passwords and Accounts > Add Account.
- On the Add Account page, tap Exchange.
- Enter your full campus email address, for example "firstname.lastname@example.org" in the Email field.
- Enter a description for the account such as “ISU Mail” in the Description field. This is an optional input.
- Tap Next.
- In the pop-up that appears, tap Configure Manually.
- Enter your ULID password in the Password field, then tap Next.
- In the Server field, enter outlook.office365.com.
- Leave the Domain field empty.
- Enter your full campus email address in the Username field.
- Tap the Next button.
- Checkmarks should appear next to each setting once the information is verified.
- Select any functions you would like to sync with your Office 365 account.
- Tap the Save button.
- The device will automatically navigate back to the Accounts & Passwords page within Settings.
Your iOS device is now configured for Office 365 email. Your calendar appointments, mail and other items selected in Step 11 should begin to populate after a few moments.
Not working? Make sure you entered your email and password correctly and try again. Also, be sure to update the server to outlook.office365.com vs .edu.
Remove an Email Account from an iOS Device:
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, please contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@illinoisstate.edu