You may configure Outlook on your Windows computer to use with your Illinois State University Office 365 email account. The instructions below refer to Outlook version 2016.
To configure Outlook 2016 on a Mac, please refer to 1437: Configuring Outlook in Mac OSX for Office 365 Email and Calendar.
Configuring Outlook 2016 for Office 365 in Windows
- Launch Outlook.
- Click [File] > [+ Add Account].
- In the Add Account/Auto Account Setup pane, select next to E-mail Account.
- Enter your name (as you would like it to appear) in the field labeled Your Name.
- Enter your email address in the field labeled E-mail Address.
- Enter your ULID password in the field labeled Password.
- Enter your ULID password again in the field labeled Retype Password.
- Click [Next].
- You should see a message stating, “Searching for your mail server settings…”.
- When Outlook is finished configuring, you will receive another message stating, “Congratulations! Your email account was successfully configured and is ready to use.”
- Click [Finish].
- If you receive a pop-up stating, “You must restart Outlook for these changes to take effect”, click [OK].
- Close and re-launch Outlook.
- Upon re-launch, Outlook will display your email account on the left side of the pane. It may take some time for your email to fully populate in the client, depending upon how many you have in your account.
Your Outlook 2016 email client is now configured for use with your University Office 365 email account.
Not working? Make sure you entered your email and password correctly and try again.
How to Remove an Email account in Outlook
You may remove an email account from the Outlook email client. In order to do so:
- Launch Outlook.
- Click [File] > [Account Settings] > [Account Settings…].
- In the Account Settings pane, select your Redbird Mail account, and click [Remove].
- When you receive the message, “Careful, if you remove this account, its offline cached content will be deleted…”, click [Yes].
You have successfully removed your account from the Outlook email client.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357, or by email at SupportCenter@illinoisstate.edu.