Install the VPN profile for your iOS device so you can connect to restricted resources on Illinois State University’s network.
The VPN Profile for iOS is a profile that the University makes available to students, faculty, and staff which may be used configure the iOS built-in VPN client to establish a VPN connection with the University from off campus. If you have already installed the VPN profile on your iOS device, you may skip to the section below entitled Connect with VPN on iOS. If you need to install the profile on your iOS device, proceed to the next section.
Install the VPN Profile on iOS
You may connect with the VPN Profile for iOS in order to access restricted electronic resources, like Datastore, from an off campus location on your iOS device. It is not necessary to connect with VPN when you are on campus. Students, faculty, and staff may download and install the VPN Profile for iOS from the University IT Help portal by following the directions below:
- Launch Safari, and navigate to the IT Help portal at ITHelp.IllinoisState.edu.
- Click [Software Downloads] near the top of the portal (log in with your ULID and password if prompted to do so).
- If nothing happens when you click on [Software Downloads] you may need to allow pop-ups in Safari.
- On the Downloads page scroll down and click on [VPN Profile].
- If you are currently located on campus:
- Tap [Download VPN Profile for iOS], and log in with your ULID and password when prompted.
- Safari will close and you will see a pop-up that states: "This website is trying to open Settings to show you a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?" Click [Allow] and you will be redirected to your Settings, specifically in a window called Install Profile.
- Tap [Install] and you will be prompted to enter your PIN for your phone.
- When you receive the message, “The network traffic of your [device] may be secured, filtered, or monitored by a VPN server. The authenticity of “ISU VPN Profile” cannot be verified.”, click [Install] > [Install].
- You will get a message stating that the profile has been installed.
- When prompted to "Enter your username for the VPN profile “VPN (ISU VPN)”, enter your ULID in the field provided and click [Next].
- When prompted to "Enter your password for the VPN profile “VPN (ISU VPN)”, enter your ISU password in the field provided and click [Next].
- When you receive the message, “Profile Installed”, click [Done].
- The ISU VPN profile is now configured on your device. You may proceed to the section below entitled Connecting with VPN on iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
- If you are currently connected from off campus you will be directed to a form to request the download file be sent to you. Skip to the section below entitled Request for Cisco AnyConnect VPN Access Form.
Note: This form is used for ALL off campus VPN requests, even if not related to the Cisco AnyConnect application.
Request for Cisco AnyConnect VPN Access Form
Students, faculty, and staff requesting to download the VPN Profile for iOS from an off campus location may fill out the form below (Figure 1) and click [Submit Form]. Note the the form is used for ALL VPN access requests from off campus, even if unrelated to the Cisco AnyConnect application. Once the Request has been submitted and the information verified, the VPN Profile for iOS installation file will be sent to your ISU email address via an email application called SendTo. When you receive the installation file, click on the file and follow the steps 4b - 4g above to install the profile. Once you have successfully installed the VPN Profile for iOS, you may proceed to the section below entitled Connecting with VPN on iOS.
Image Description: The VPN request form page.
Connect with VPN on iOS
To connect with VPN using your iOS device (once it is installed), do the following:
- Press [Settings].
- Press [VPN].
- Press the [VPN switch] to change it from Off to On.
- Your device will automatically connect to VPN.
- Enter your ULID and password if you are prompted to do so.
- When you get connected, you will see a message that says, “VPN Connection Welcome to ISU”. Click [OK].
While you are connected to VPN, a VPN symbol appears at the top of your iOS device. iPhone X users will not see the VPN icon in the status bar on the home screen. Pull down Control Center from the top right and your VPN status will now be visible.
Disconnecting from VPN
To disconnect from VPN, do the following:
- Press [Settings].
- Press the [VPN switch] to change it from On to Off.
How to Get Help
For technical assistance, you may contact the Technology Support Center at 309-438-4357 or by email at SupportCenter@IllinoisState.edu.